USL League Two Head Coach, Des Moines MenaceJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 109763
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop and coach top soccer talent and maintain a strong reputation for success? The Des Moines Menace is currently sourcing an enthusiastic, marketable and motivated USL League Two Head Coach to lead Iowa’s premier soccer team.
To continue their high caliber of success, the Des Moines Menace require an individual who exhibits excellent communication skills, strives to go above and beyond in all responsibilities and duties and displays the motivation to succeed both on and off the field.
The Head Coach is responsible for developing and recruiting a high caliber team of players to come to Des Moines and play for the Menace USL League Two team, with an ultimate goal of competing in the USL League Two Playoffs and the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup every year. The head coach will be responsible for the creation of recruiting relationships with local and national colleges and universities, in addition to being a liaison between these schools and the Menace Organization.
In addition, the Head Coach will work directly with the Menace Organization on summer camp programming and staffing. The Menace Head coach will continue to build the Menace brand in the Des Moines community through select appearances and events to foster awareness and attendance at games.
If you have what it takes to lead the Des Moines Menace to another winning season, apply today!
What you’ll do
- Recruit and motivate high-level athletes who will win games while positively representing the organization in the community.
- Coach all home, away and exhibition matches.
- Develop training and fitness programming and coach all team practices.
- Attract, retain and develop coaching staff for USL League Two team.
- Work with the Menace staff to communicate all operational details to players.
- Participate in coaching clinics, community appearances and media interviews as requested by the Menace organization.
- Support Menace staff in scheduling players’ involvement in youth-soccer programs and community appearances.
- Manage and organize tryouts.
What we’re looking for
- “A” level coaching license preferred; “B” level required
- Strong background in coaching high level soccer (USL League Two or professional level experience preferred)
- Proven track record of developing soccer talent and leading teams to success
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it
Des Moines Menace is an Equal Opportunity Employer