Manager of Building Operations and FacilitiesJob Location West Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 110062
Does the opportunity to manage facilities for a brand new, modern, LEED-certified headquarters building in downtown Des Moines excite you? Do you look for roles with direct interaction with senior leadership, all while managing your own team and supporting an organization’s core values and goals?
Kum & Go is looking for a Manager of Building Operations and Facilities to direct and manage building operations and facilities for the new Krause Gateway Center (KGC), an exciting new landscape for the downtown Des Moines area. This leadership role will direct and manage facilities, operations, and services including oversight of security services, in-house and outsourced facilities and site maintenance, administrative business services, and conference services for KGC.
What you’ll do
- Direct site maintenance operations for facilities at Krause Gateway Center, which include safety, heating/cooling/lighting equipment operations, preventative maintenance programs, landscaping, lawn care, snow removal, and related projects.
- Direct long-term utility contracts for electrical, gas, and utility services. Oversee outsourced facility services including janitorial, window, carpet, recycle, and waste services, as well as supplies associated with each to maintain clean and cost-effective facilities.
- Provide leadership for administrative services for the KGC including building reception, internal/external mail distribution, courier services, and meeting center operations.
- Strategic planning and project management for KGC with emphasis on goal setting, benchmarking, building policies and procedures and budgeting.
- Direct security services (security; fire; theft; threat; personal protection; art gallery; public space; etc.)
- Participation as a crisis response team member, providing strategic direction, preventative direction, and emergency responses to emergencies of all types. Work closely with the Director of Risk Management, Legal team, Director of Communications, Human Resource Business Partner, and the Senior Leadership Team to provide input/support for both proactive and reactive purposes.
What we’re looking for
- Strong leadership abilities
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent decision making skills
- Ability to interact with senior management
- Strong communication skills
Other key requirements
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role.
- Technical or Bachelor’s degree preferred with emphasis in business, engineering, construction management, or other related field
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer