Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Manager (Stores)Job Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R14088
At Kum & Go our purpose is to make days better and it all starts with selecting great talent! Kum & Go is seeking a Talent Acquisition Manager to bring talent acquisition experience, innovative sourcing, recruiting and selection techniques for hiring in-store talent.
The Talent Acquisition (TA) Manager will specialize in store recruiting, providing leadership and consulting to District Supervisors and General Managers on our most challenging store hiring needs.
The TA Manager provides significant contributions and expertise in the following areas: talent acquisition consulting, sourcing strategies, recruitment and selection process, training design and facilitation, social media tools, process improvement, and employment law. In addition, this role contributes to key projects, such as improvements in the store hiring process, new sourcing strategies for hard-to-fill markets, or implementation of contract recruitment plans.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with District Supervisors and General Managers to staff General Manager Positions, new stores, assist hard-to-fill markets, and hiring for hourly store positions.
- Assist in staffing stores, attend hiring events, and conduct interviews; network in the community to improve applicant flow
- Assist in coaching Centralized Training Store (CTS) hiring managers to improve capability in selection
- Consult with General Managers to understand talent acquisition needs and provide recommendations on selection criteria
- Actively coach and influence Operations leadership on recruiting and selection
- Accurately and persuasively represent the company and culture as an ambassador of the organization
What We’re Looking For
- Energy and passion for hiring great store talent!
- HR, Talent Acquisition, or related retail hiring experience
- HR and store business acumen
- Impressive ability to connect with people
- Exceptional talent judgment
- Strong understanding of recruiting and selection
- Proven ability to influence management on selection and sourcing
- Team player
Other Key Requirements
- Minimum experience of 5 years in HR, Talent Acquisition, Operations, or related field
- An ability to travel approximately 40%, if needed
- Relocation to Des Moines, IA is required
Kum & Go Leadership Competencies
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer