Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Manager - StoresJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 110859
At Kum & Go our purpose is to make days better and it all starts with selecting great talent! Kum & Go is seeking a Talent Acquisition Manager to bring talent acquisition experience, innovative sourcing, recruiting and selection techniques for hiring in-store talent.
The Talent Acquisition (TA) Manager will specialize in store recruiting, providing consulting to District Supervisors, and General Managers on store hiring needs. The TA Manager will assist in development of a strong candidate pool and strong selection processes for store positions. This position will use consulting skills to effectively work with leadership to build a recruiting plan and sourcing strategy for new store openings, summer hiring, and hard-to-fill markets.
The TA Manager provides significant contributions and expertise in the following areas: talent acquisition consulting, sourcing strategies, recruitment and selection process, social media tools, process improvement, and employment law. In addition, this role contributes to key projects, such as improvements in the store hiring process, & new sourcing strategies for hard-to-fill markets.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with District Supervisors and General Managers to staff General Manager Positions, new stores, assist hard-to-fill markets, and hiring for hourly store positions.
- Assists in staffing stores, attends hiring events, and conducts interviews, networks in the community to improve applicant flow.
- Assists in coaching Centralized Training Store (CTS) hiring managers to improve capability in selection.
- Consults with General Managers to understand talent acquisition needs and provides recommendations on selection criteria.
- Actively coaches and influences operations leadership on recruiting and selection through consulting & interview training.
- Accurately and persuasively represents the company and culture as an ambassador of the organization.
- Has the ability to travel approximately up to 30%, if needed.
What we’re looking for
- Energy and passion for hiring great store talent!
- HR, Talent Acquisition, or related retail hiring experience
- HR and store business acumen
- Impressive ability to connect with people
- Exceptional talent judgment
- Strong understanding of recruiting and selection
- Proven ability to influence management on selection and sourcing
- Team player
Other key requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in HR preferred, PHR certification or related retail experience is a plus.
- Significant experience in hourly recruiting desired.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer