Senior Sales & Customer Service Data Analyst - Solar TransportJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 124952
Solar Transport is looking for a Senior Sales/Customer Service Data Analyst to oversee all measurements related to Sales & Customer Service. This position will provide historical, current, and predictive views of business operations dedicated to driving data-driven decision making throughout the organization. This position will also build tools that accurately assess costs to provide service and predicts operating profit.
What you’ll do
Business Development: Bid Analysis & Rating Data Integrity:
- Gather and disseminate operational assumptions related to prospective business.
- Model cost, margin and profit projections based on customer data and operational assumptions.
- Make rating recommendations to Senior Leadership based on analysis, with goal to achieve desired account margin (including goal and minimum rates to achieve minimum margin).
- Track pre-bid assumptions (model) compared to post-award account performance.
- Make recommendations on corrective actions to eliminate/reduce these variations.
- Responsible for the completion of bids, quotes based on pricing activities.
Customer Service and Operational Lane Metrics:
- Lane efficiency analysis- evaluate existing business to identify inefficient lanes, based on rate, time, equipment needs, and misc. expenses.
- Fuel Surcharge- track all schedules (Solar-based, customer based) to assure fuel expenses are fully recovered. Develop trigger mechanisms that alert when eroding FSC schedules approach the targeted minimum profit margin floor, by account.
- Gatekeeper for all Business Development tasks/assignments to address specific action items that will directly impact these inefficiencies.
- Identify, recommend, and deploy technologies that aid in the process of pricing and lane development.
- Work with peers, and senior management to analyze customer service and related operational metrics and to develop and implement improvement programs.
Revenue Assurance and Project Management:
- EDI needs by customer- track all customer related needs related to EDI for the support of billing.
- Live detention (demurrage)- department will be responsible for all detention tracking.
- Deployment- develop, recommend, and communicate tasks to sales and operations management personnel required to meet start-up timelines. Track task completion related to timeline and report to management on “at risk” tasks.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Excel, Access, SigmaXL.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Experience with analyzing and solving problems of a complex nature.
- Inquisitive and able to efficiently obtain understanding of complex tasks and business strategies while satisfying project objectives.
- Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solutions.
- Desire to provide value added solutions to meet business needs.
- Working knowledge of business process to effectively drive solutions.
Other key requirements
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Transportation Logistics, Business Administration, or general business preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in the transportation industry, experience in bulk fuel transportation, and analyst work strongly preferred
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer