Senior Manager of Retail AccountingJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 117540
Kum & Go is looking for a Senior Manager of Retail Accounting. This position is a key member of the Finance leadership team and is responsible for accounting for and ensuring the continued financial health of several critical retail processes that sustain and improve the financial success of Kum & Go as well as providing timely input in developing a long-term strategic outlook for the Finance team and the company. These systems include fuel and merchandise inventory accounting, point of sale, vendor rebates, rewards and payment card processing. The Senior Manager of Retail Accounting will report directly to the Kum & Go CFO and will develop key relationships with decision makers throughout the company, including Store Supervisors and General Managers, obtain a strong understanding of the systems that support company performance, and develop and apply key performance indicators that correlate to long-term success. The Senior Manager of Retail Accounting will build an effective team by providing support, direction and guidance.
What you’ll do
- Obtain and apply a subject matter expert level of knowledge for the accounting and systems that support various aspects of the retail infrastructure of the company. Provide timely information to key users to ensure efficient utilization of current processes and recommend methods to improve them going forward.
- Develop highly effective relationships with key departmental partners and associates to fully understand their needs and resource constraints. Develop strategies that fit the company’s long-term plan to ensure strong, cohesive processes that support future company goals.
- Through communication with key stakeholders, develop and apply key performance indicators applicable to retail accounting that are impactful to company performance and drive behavior.
- Develop and apply sound accounting principles to support timely and accurate financial reporting throughout the organization.
- Build and develop an efficient team adept at meeting company deadlines, challenging processes and supporting our store associates. Mentor and train associates using individualized approaches to best cultivate company goals and career development.
What we’re looking for
- Strong business acumen, excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong team-player with demonstrated experience working across functions.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and partnering skills.
- Ability to strike a balance between leading several teams and being a strong individual contributor.
- Ability to work in high paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of certain information.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Other key requirements
- 8-12 years’ experience in Accounting, Finance or FP&A.
- Preferably with experience in retail industry.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer