Senior Legal Counsel (Real Estate)Job Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R31856
Are you ready to bring your legal knowledge and talents to an innovative, thriving, and exciting organization? Do you have a strong legal background in commercial real estate development?
Kum & Go is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Legal Counsel to join our Legal team supporting Kum & Go's store development team with real estate acquisition and development needs. You will use your understanding of real estate law and commercial real estate development to support the negotiation and drafting of various real estate agreements.
The Senior Legal Counsel position requires great judgement, outstanding integrity, and superior credibility to be successful and supportive of our Kum & Go goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide support to the Store Development department in the purchase, lease, and sale of real estate
- Support the negotiation and drafting of real estate purchase agreement, leases, easements, and development agreements
- Review abstracts and title commitments to determine sufficiency and address title objections
- Review surveys and site plans
- Coordinate and complete the closing of real estate transactions
- Provide commercial contract review, drafting, negotiation
What We’re Looking For:
- Knowledge of general business law
- Experience drafting real estate contracts
- Knowledge of real estate law
- Superior integrity, motivation, and a customer service mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Other key requirements
- 2 + years of experience providing legal support in commercial real estate transactions required
- Relocation to Des Moines, IA required
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and can visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an inclusive environment encouraging all interested candidates to apply.