Senior Human Resources Business PartnerJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 118497
Are you ready to accelerate your career and make a HUGE impact with a company that is driving growth and wants to leverage your Human Resources expertise? Kum & Go is currently seeking a HR Business Partner to bring leadership and seasoned human resource expertise to the organization. The HR Business Partner will provide advanced level support to the field and/or corporate headquarters’ management and their associates. The Business Partner provides significant contributions in the following areas: organizational consulting, organizational design, talent discussions, engagement, change management and processes, management, succession planning and implementation, associate relations, career coaching, and performance management.
This position will provide human resource consulting to and for selected departments and be required to work on significant and complex projects, and handle high-level management and associate relations issues. The successful candidate will provide high level consult and collaborate with business partners in the execution of the business and HR strategies, as well as influence the senior management team to consider implications of business decisions and drive strategies and actions that support organizational efforts. The ideal candidate will be a proven consultant who possesses a strategic view and vision of the HR business partnership and demonstrates flexibility, teamwork, and the ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment, while executing short and long-term initiatives simultaneously.
What you’ll do
- Organizational effectiveness leadership – providing business partner guidance and coaching through assessments and diagnostic measures regarding organizational issues, design, and effectiveness on improving organizational and department capability.
- Associate relations – handles associate relations issues with little to no guidance using legal resources appropriately.
- Partnership with other HR channels – provides talent management support during the summer peak ramp-up periods; provides support of Learning & Development initiatives as requested or required from the organization; facilitates compensation and other total rewards activities for business channels.
- Travel up to 40% may be required.
What we’re looking for
- Contributes to business performance by providing strategic consulting on people strategies, organizational development, and other HR specific business initiatives for a defined business or operational area.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices related to talent management and engagement, organizational design and performance, workforce planning, and employee relations.
- In-depth and extensive HR experience in positions of increasing responsibility, with progressive generalist or specialist skills.
- Proven record of impact and influence at the senior leadership level, and ability to build positive, trusting relationships.
- Implements retention strategies focusing on key leaders and individuals with core competencies or skills critical to the organization.
- Outstanding partnership skills and strong teamwork skills.
- Acts as a change agent to the business and designs processes and approaches which prepares employees for ongoing change and transformation.
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change.
- Ability to exercise judgement in development methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results within broadly defined policies and practices.
- Ability to influence without direct authority, create and manage large scale change, and influence people at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, while managing change and ambiguous situations.
- Strong negotiation, time management, and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience to successfully manage projects of small and large magnitude.
- Leverage internal and external information/resources and data in completing assignments.
Other key requirements
- HR certification or related experience required.
- 8+ years of Human Resources experience, business management experience, or a combination of both.
- Retail, hospitality, quick service restaurant, restaurant, or external customer relations experience preferred.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer