Senior Grow People Business PartnerJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R4212
Are you an HR leader who possesses a strategic view and vision of the HR business partnership? Kum & Go is looking for a Grow People (Human Resources) Business Partner to provide advanced level strategic partnership to the Kum & Go West Division Vice President, Supervisors, store leadership, and store associates. The Business Partner provides significant contributions in the following areas: organizational consulting, organizational design, talent discussions, engagement, change management and processes, management, succession planning and implementation, associate relations, career coaching and performance management. This position will provide HR consulting and coaching to and for selected departments and be required to work on significant and complex projects, and handle high level leadership and associate relations issues.
What you’ll do
- Understand business strategy; design, develop and implement innovative, value-add solutions that aligns with business objectives.
- Assist business leaders with anticipating and solving organization, people and change related issues.
- Strategically manage workforce planning including attracting, developing and retaining talent; identify critical metrics and lead with data.
- Consult with management to improve business capability and improve business and individual performance.
- Drive alignment with the organization’s culture; institutionalize company values and champion diversity and inclusion to assess and manage organizational change capability.
- Serve as the ear and conscience of the organization; represent the voice of the associate; collect and act on feedback from the organization; champion associate engagement.
- Handle associate relations issues with little to no guidance using legal resources appropriately; use strong employment law acumen and utilize best practices to conduct professional investigations coaching management on recommendations to enhance the organizations’ capability.
What we’re looking for
- Contributes to business performance by providing strategic consulting on people strategies, organizational development, and other HR specific business initiatives for a defined business or operational area.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices related to talent management and engagement, organizational design and performance, workforce planning, and employee relations.
- In-depth and extensive HR experience in positions of increasing responsibility, with progressive generalist or specialist skills.
- Implements retention strategies focusing on key leaders and individuals with core competencies or skills critical to the organization.
- Ability to influence without direct authority, create and manage large scale change and influence people at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically; manage change and ambiguous situations.
Other key requirements
- HR certification or related experience required.
- 8+ years of Human Resources experience, business management experience, or a combination of both.
- Retail, hospitality, quick service restaurant, restaurant, or external customer relations experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer