Risk & Compliance AdministratorJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R49849
Solar Transport is looking for a Risk & Compliance Administrator to join our Risk and Compliance team! The Administrator will assist in the administrative functions of the Safety Department within Risk, Compliance, Operations, Recruiting Platforms and within Federal and State Programs. If you are someone with high attention to detail and enjoy task-oriented work, apply today!
What you’ll do
- Responsible for filing of Vehicle Registration (IRP), filing 2290’s (Heavy Vehicle Use Tax), maintaining monthly mileage reports to assist in annual International fuel tax agreements
- Gather information and audit claims by communicating with field level leadership teams and drivers
- Field electronic logging devices and hours of service-related questions and audit compliance
- Update driver credentials within file maintenance platform (TMW)
- Upload documents to applicant tracking system (Tenstreet)
- Request and reply to requests for verification of employment
- Request reporting forms and monitor for errors contained within safety management platforms
What we’re looking for
- Inquisitive nature with uncompromising principles
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to learn and develop in role
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Desire to resolve and find solutions in timely manner
Other key requirements
- 1+ years experience working in office setting with deadlines and deliverable expectations
- Transportation experience, preferred
- Relocation to the Des Moines, IA required
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Solar Transport
Solar Transport is a family-focused company. With more than 40 locations, our drivers make it home every night. We genuinely value our team and go above and beyond to reward their hard work. Solar Transport is among the nation's best when it comes to tank-truck carriers and logistics providers. For over 50 years, Solar has strived to set the standard in how refined petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel, ethanol and jet fuel are managed, transported and delivered helping our customers become more productive and profitable. A Krause Group company.
Krause Group is an Iowa-based company housing a diverse set of businesses with over 5,000 associates across the U.S. and Italy. These companies include Kum & Go, L.C., Solar Transport, Krause+, Pro Iowa, and the Des Moines Menace soccer team. Krause Group is also home to Italian wineries Vietti and Enrico Serafino, the historic soccer club Parma Calcio 1913, and boutique luxury hotel Casa di Langa, located in the Piedmont region of Italy.
Solar Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an inclusive environment encouraging all interested candidates to apply.