Risk & Compliance Administrative SpecialistJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R34577
Solar Transport is hiring a Risk & Compliance Administrator/Risk & Compliance Administrative Specialist to provide support to the Risk Management team. This entry-level role is perfect for someone looking to gain experience and grow within risk management, compliance, or the transportation industry. If you have a desire to learn and develop in your next role, this could be the perfect fit for you!
What you’ll do
- Provide support to the Risk Claims Manager and DOT Compliance Supervisor
- Gather required information/documentation and ensure it is recorded and stored properly
- Assist in the completion of Claim Files, Driver Qualification Files, Vehicle Tax Files and other admirative functions
- Follow up with necessary parties, including field leadership and drivers, for any missing documents to ensure department is in compliance
What we’re looking for
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Computer proficiency and experience working in Word, Excel, and Outlook
Other key requirements
- Relocation to Des Moines, IA area required
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it
About Solar Transport
Solar Transport is a family focused company. With more than 40 locations, our drivers make it home every night. We genuinely value our team and go above and beyond to reward their hard work. Solar Transport is among the nation's best when it comes to tank-truck carriers and logistics providers. For over 50 years, Solar has strived to set the standard in how refined petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel, ethanol and jet fuel are managed, transported and delivered helping our customers become more productive and profitable.
Krause Group is an Iowa-based company housing a diverse set of businesses with over 5,000 associates across the U.S. and Italy. These companies include Kum & Go, L.C., Solar Transport, Krause+, Pro Iowa, and the Des Moines Menace soccer team. Krause Group is also home to Italian wineries Vietti and Enrico Serafino, the historic soccer club Parma Calcio 1913, and boutique luxury hotel Casa di Langa, located in the Piedmont region of Italy.
We are an inclusive environment and encourage all types of candidates to apply. Solar Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer.