Region Manager (Central Division) - Solar Transport (Des Moines, IA)Job Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R8629
Are you a transportation industry professional looking for a new challenge? Solar Transport is currently hiring a Region Manager who will provide operational and business leadership for the Central Division. This role will be responsible and accountable for safety, customer service, driver performance, revenue maximization, cost control and efficiency. This critical position is responsible for the direction and supervision of driver dispatchers, trainers and fleet assistants. This position will function as management representative and contact for Drivers and Customers with the goal of driving efficiency and consistency in operation to maximize associate and customer satisfaction and operating margin. Solar Transport is seeking an influential team member who can serve as the voice that engages associates and provides constant development to create a world-class transport company with strong performance.
What you’ll do:
- Manage revenue maximization and cost control.
- Monitor and identify performance gaps, analyze root cause, and implement systemic and individual adjustments to excel at all operational scorecard metrics
- Provide leadership to build Driver satisfaction and performance
- Responsible for developing Annual Operating Plan to achieve revenue and profit goals
- Establish short and long term plans for growth and operational efficiency
- Work with the Driver Recruiter Manager to aid with driver recruitment and performance management
- Ensure that all safety policies and procedures are implemented and monitored
- Regularly communicate with customers to ensure their satisfaction with Solar Service and strive to increase volumes
- Work closely with business development to ensure accurate forecast of costs to support best pricing for new account growth
- Responsible for P & L
What we’re looking for:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Ability to effectively resolve conflicts in a business setting
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Knowledgeable with DOT Regulations, Accident and Spill procedures
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
Other key requirements:
- 5 – 7 Years’ experience in the transportation industry
- Experience in bulk fuel transportation
- Previous experience in truck line management
- Relocation to the Des Moines, IA is required
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Solar Transport
Solar Transport is a family focused company. With more than 40 locations, our drivers make it home every night. We genuinely value our team and go above and beyond to reward their hard work. Solar Transport is among the nation's best when it comes to tank-truck carriers and logistics providers. For over 50 years, Solar has strived to set the standard in how refined petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel, ethanol and jet fuel are managed, transported and delivered helping our customers become more productive and profitable.
Krause Group is a Midwest U.S. based parent company comprising a diverse set of domestic and international businesses with over 5,000 associates. These companies include Kum & Go, L.C., a convenience retail chain with more than 400 stores in 11 states, Solar Transport, Krause+ real estate, and the Des Moines Menace soccer team. Krause Group is also parent company to historic Italian wineries Vietti and Enrico Serafino, the Parma Calcio 1913 soccer team, and boutique luxury hotel Casa di Langa located in Italy.
Solar Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer