Marketing SpecialistJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 119376
Are you a highly motivated Marketing professional that wants exposure to a variety of experiences with a growing company? Our Marketing Specialist role is a great stepping stone to advance your knowledge in the development and execution of marketing programming in our stores! This position will be responsible for ensuring signage effectiveness through evaluation of creative marketing by outside agencies, strategic selection of signage for promotional opportunities, signage budget management, signage process improvements and correct distribution of signage to all stores.
This position is also responsible for the development and execution of in-store marketing support for our Go Fresh Market fresh food program including digital menu board management, food photography and overall visual appeal of all food marketing in-store. In addition, this position will be responsible for managing our product image and photography assets so that all Marketing Communications associates can leverage images as required.
What you’ll do
- Store Signage & Marketing Campaigns: Support marketing team in coordination and development of advertising and marketing materials. Work with agency partners and designers to manage design of creative materials. Lead coordination, design feedback, production and distribution of the monthly sign kit for all stores. Coordinate and manage store signage needs, including store opening signage, signage inventory, budget and other store signage requests.
- Communications: Coordinate store communications including weekly newsletters, monthly marketing plans and other associate engagement communications.
- Photography & Asset Management: Assist marketing team in coordination and execution of photography. Manages organization of existing video and image assets.
- Store Signage: Complete one-off, quick turn-around signage and coupon design requests that may by printed by local printers.
What we’re looking for
- Proven strong verbal and writing communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills including ability to manage large amounts of complex data within Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experience in design software including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Demonstrate a code of ethics and professional responsibility.
- Proven ability to develop strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate integrity, high energy, initiative, and self-confidence.
Other key requirements
- 2 -4 years of relevant experience in communications, marketing, business or project management.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer