Manager of Total Rewards (Compensation & Benefits)Job Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 117905
At Kum & Go we are focused on making days better for our associates and that includes creating compelling total rewards programs. Our Manager of Total Rewards is a key leader in our Human Resources team that leads total rewards strategy and the management of compensation, benefits, and 401(k) plans to enable Kum & Go to attract and retain top talent. We are making significant investments in progressive total rewards programs, so it is an exciting time for this role.
What you’ll do
- Design, plan, and develop compensation plans that are aligned with the Total Rewards strategy.
- Manage salary structure, salary surveys, merit process, incentive plans, and executive compensation.
- Manage design and administration of benefit plans and open enrollment process.
- Provide leadership to the Total Rewards team.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and standardization of processes to leverage technology to enhance operational efficiencies.
What we’re looking for
- Expertise in Total Rewards including 5-7 years of experience in compensation, benefits, and 401(k) design and plan administration.
- Experience in executive compensation plan design.
- Experience managing benefits and 401(k) vendors and stakeholders.
- Experience with a large hourly workforce, or retail experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Workday HRIS system and Marketpay marketing pricing software are pluses.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer