Krause Gateway Center Administrative SpecialistJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R7210
As the face our visitors first see when they walk in the Krause Gateway Center door, we are looking for an Administrative Specialist who has strong people and communication skills. The ideal candidate will be someone who can multi-task during peak periods of the day and can balance the ever-revolving needs of guest arrivals, phone calls, and problem resolution. This role is seen as a champion of setting the tone for each guest’s experience as they visit the Krause Gateway Center.
What you’ll do
- Answer the main phone line for Kum & Go/Krause Group, directing the calls to the appropriate individual/department requested
- Greet all guests in the Krause Gateway Center in a friendly and warm manner; oversee the sign-in process, issuing name badges to guests and guiding visitors as needed, providing any necessary accommodations
- Assist Operations team with special projects and administrative/clerical needs of the department
- Provide light security to the front desk area, being comfortable to confront strangers about their business in the building
- Assist Operations team with meeting/event space bookings, as well as event management
- Maintain oversight over daily Operations calendar for the Krause Gateway Center
What we’re looking for
- Proven ability to multi-task during peak periods of the day, while balancing guest arrivals, incoming phone calls, etc.
- Positive attitude and team oriented
- Strong people and conflict resolution skills; proven experience dealing with upset customers on the phone and in person
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Other key requirements
- Relocation to the Des Moines, IA area is required
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer