IT Solutions Developer IJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 111418
Kum & Go is currently looking for an IT Solutions Developer I to join their IT team. This position reviews IT Solution Delivery team help desk tickets and assigns and/or completes software application maintenance and enhancements of medium complexity. This may include writing and running scripts, updating and running jobs, monitoring queues; reviewing, modifying, and testing code; configuring software and applying software upgrades; identifying and resolving code bug fixes, or investigating and responding to software alerts. This includes third-party vendor purchased solutions and in-house custom built applications. This position is also responsible for defining and performing quality assurance testing as part of each project which includes the creation and execution of test plans and the tracking and reporting of defects.
What You'll Do
- Reviewing and completing IT Service Desk tickets. Investigating software problems and identifying changes needed to code. Partnering closely with business customer to ensure needs are met.
- Developing test cases, testing, and moving the software solution code through proper SDLC (Solution Development Life Cycle) steps. Logging, prioritizing, troubleshooting, and resolving problems when they arise, or escalating to upper management or senior team members as necessary.
- Functions as primary point of contact for testing items on a project. Develops test objectives, plans, test cases, scripts, scenarios and test data. Creates a test plan to outline the activities for the testing effort. Works with business analyst or internal customers to ensure testing meets stakeholders’ expectations, and walkthroughs and signoffs are completed.
- Defines defect reporting (bug-tracking), logging and mitigation processes and executes these processes during testing. Reviews test results for project and audit compliance. Adheres to PCI Compliance and QA governance within SDLC, ITIL, and project management.
- Developing or maintaining reusable, well-documented code. Maintaining version control and code libraries. Maintaining and reviewing job queues, establishing and responding to alerts. Ensuring strong backup and recovery of software. Follows and adheres to company defined IT standards and procedures.
What We're Looking For
- A minimum of one (1) to two+(2) years of experience in maintenance and code enhancement with Microsoft .NET, C#/VB.Net and MS SQL Server 2005/2008 is required. MS SharePoint and MS CRM experience a plus.
- A reputation for impeccable ethics and integrity as well as a track record of success in application maintenance and quality assurance testing. Must be able to accept ambiguous IT Service Desk tickets and ascertain what the business client needs. Delivering bug fixes and enhancements in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Ability to partner within a team, working with all peers and project stakeholders such as business users, project managers, and business analysts while delivering solutions.
- Must be a strong problem solver, able to diagnose code problems and fix them.
- Must be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, fun environment.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it
Kum & Go in an Equal Opportunity Employer