IT Service Desk InternJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 113321
The IT Service Desk internship is part of a ten week summer professional internship program. The program will consist of a focused project in the subject area of the internship, working closely with a leader who will mentor you. The program includes a number of fun activities and professional development opportunities with the other summer interns. High preforming interns may be offered full-time positions post-graduation. You will be paid a competitive hourly rate for the internship. In addition, many interns may receive academic credit for their work through their college or university. Summer internships are located at Krause Gateway Center - our new office in downtown Des Moines, Iowa.
What you’ll do
- Scope and work on requirements for IT related assets that are in production in both the store and Krause Gateway Center.
- Define and streamline how assets are entered in our database, and how workflows ideally function for those assets.
- Simplify current processes and provide recommendations in order to improve incident management.
What we’re looking for
- College Junior or Senior with an expected graduation date of December 2019 to May 2020.
- An interest in pursuing a career with Kum & Go post-graduation.
Other key requirements
- Pursuing a degree in MIS or Computer Science.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Operations and inventory management is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel; Word; PowerPoint; Outlook).
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer