IT Security ArchitectJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R31070
Kum & Go is hiring an IT Security Architect to join the team! This role ensures that the stakeholder security requirements necessary to protect the organization’s mission and business processes are adequately addressed in all aspects of the enterprise architecture. This will include reference models, segment and solutions architectures, and the resulting systems supporting those missions and business processes. If you have a passion for cyber security this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
What you’ll do
- Develop/integrate cybersecurity designs for systems and networks with multilevel security requirements or requirements for the processing of multiple classification levels of data primarily applicable to retail, hospitality, and sports management organizations (e.g., Privileged, Restricted Use, Confidential, Internal, and Public)
- Document and address organization’s information security, cybersecurity architecture, and systems security engineering requirements throughout the acquisition or development lifecycle
- Employ secure configuration management processes
- Ensure that acquired or developed system(s) and architecture(s) are consistent with organization’s cybersecurity architecture guidelines
- Identify and prioritize critical business functions in collaboration with organizational stakeholders
- Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan
- Define and document how the implementation of a new system or new interfaces between systems impacts the security posture of the current environment
- Evaluate security architectures and designs to determine the adequacy of security design and architecture proposed or provided in response to requirements contained in procurement documents
- Determine the protection needs (i.e., security controls) for the information system(s) and network(s) and document appropriately
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge of business continuity and disaster recovery continuity of operations plans
- Ability to serve as the primary liaison between the enterprise architect and the systems security engineer and coordinates with system owners, common control providers, and system security officers on the allocation of security controls as system-specific, hybrid, or common controls
- Knowledge of the application firewall concepts and functions (e.g., Single point of authentication/audit/policy enforcement, message scanning for malicious content, data anonymization for PCI and PII compliance, data loss protection scanning, accelerated cryptographic operations, SSL security, REST/JSON processing)
- Knowledge of industry-standard and organizationally accepted analysis principles and methods
- Knowledge of the enterprise information technology architectural concepts and patterns (e.g., baseline, validated, design, and target architectures)
- Ability to design architectures and frameworks
- Knowledge of program protection planning (e.g., information technology supply chain security/risk management policies, anti-tampering techniques, and requirements)
- Experience evaluating security requirements for on-prem software, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, purchased or custom-build solutions, mobile apps, etc.
- Technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring, and supporting security administration tools
- Experience with multiple security models
- Ability to work across legal entities, collaborate with associates at all job levels, and influence outcomes.
- Ability to conduct research into security issues, standards, and products as required
Other key requirements
- 5+ years of direct experience in security administration and PCI experience required
- Certifications in CISA, CISM, CISSP, CEH, GIAC, OSCP or similar, preferred
- Relocation to the Des Moines, IA area required
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer