Fleet Manager - Solar Transport (Des Moines, IA)Job Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R8328
Solar Transport is searching for a Driver Fleet Manager during our day shift to oversee and manage day-to-day driver and service-related activities and functions for assigned geographical/terminal driver locations. This position requires using sound disciplines to support driver earnings, while generating maximum revenue, operating in an efficient manner, and meeting the safety and performance standards set forth by the company, customers, and regulating authorities. The Driver Fleet Manager / Dispatcher ensures that all driver needs are met with respect to on-time performance, error-free service, and driver satisfaction. If this sounds like an opportunity you will excel in, Solar Transport may be just the fit for you!
This role will operate Tuesdays through Saturdays, during the hours of 5am to 3pm.
What you’ll do
- Responsible and accountable for daily planning and dispatch of customer orders, ensuring that all orders are dispatched and requested delivery windows are met.
- Responsible for day-to-day issues, regarding service, equipment management (in conjunction with ROM), driver-related issues, and service deviations.
- Ensure that driver work hours are managed within legal guidelines.
- Ensure driver work and pay are correctly and completely documented and accurate.
- Identifies capacity needs in overbooked markets and utilizes carrier partners to cover all shipments.
- Responsible for customer service provided by drivers in assigned operating territory.
- Monitors performance and provides feedback to drivers for the purpose of customer service and driver satisfaction.
- Provides daily support for assigned drivers in operating territories.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent communication / customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflicts in business setting.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Excel; previous experience and proficiency with dispatch / in-truck communication software a plus.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
Other key requirements
- 1+ Years logistics / customer service / call center experience preferred
- Experience in the transportation industry (preferred)
- Previous managerial experience preferred
- Must be willing to relocate to the Des Moines, IA area
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Solar Transport
Solar Transport is a family focused company. With more than 40 locations, our drivers make it home every night. We genuinely value our team and go above and beyond to reward their hard work. Solar Transport is among the nation's best when it comes to tank-truck carriers and logistics providers. For over 50 years, Solar has strived to set the standard in how refined petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel, ethanol and jet fuel are managed, transported and delivered helping our customers become more productive and profitable.
Krause Group is a Midwest U.S. based parent company comprising a diverse set of domestic and international businesses with over 5,000 associates. These companies include Kum & Go, L.C., a convenience retail chain with more than 400 stores in 11 states, Solar Transport, Krause+ real estate, and the Des Moines Menace soccer team. Krause Group is also parent company to historic Italian wineries Vietti and Enrico Serafino, the Parma Calcio 1913 soccer team, and boutique luxury hotel Casa di Langa located in Italy.
Solar Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer