Energy ManagerJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R13512
Kum & Go is currently searching for a skilled Energy Manager who is energized by serving as an advocate and educator of energy management and conservation. This unique leadership role has the ability to create and mold the energy philosophy for Kum & Go, a company recognized as being a progressive, industry leader in sustainability with over 100 LEED certified stores and a state of the art headquarters, the Krause Gateway Center.
The Energy Manager is a visible role within the organization, with strong exposure to Senior Leadership. This position will partner with the VP Facilities Management, who is also a Certified Energy Manager (CEM). The Energy Manager will design and lead Kum & Go’s efforts to manage and reduce energy and water use in our stores and corporate facilities through excellent communication, influence, and utilization of his/her engineering skills. If you are up for the challenge of energizing 5,000+ associates to adopt work habits and practices that lead to reduced consumption of resources, apply today!
What you’ll do
- Create and communication a vision and long-term strategy for energy and water management leadership in our industry and the states in which we operate
- Educate Kum & Go associates, leaders, and customers on energy use and conservation
- Promote and advocate – internally and externally – the need for and benefits of reducing energy and water resources within our operations
- Develop a monthly usage analysis system and routine, while analyzing store utilities usage and identifying anomalies and trends
- Create and present monthly metrics
- Identify opportunities for energy/water use reduction, using engineering models and calculations to identify opportunities for savings
- Calculate ROI and other financial metrics as they relate to energy conversation
What we’re looking for
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; the ability to learn new applications and systems
- Budget management experience
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills and the ability to anticipate energy-related opportunities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Technical writing skills in creating documentation for energy status reporting
- Strong initiative to identify energy consumption problems and issues, develop recommendations that will result in energy savings, and monitoring compliance and results
Other key requirements
- Five years of experience in energy management, mechanical systems design, construction, and/or major building maintenance or a closely related field is required
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM), a professional engineer license, and/or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) accredited professional status are preferred
- Relocation to the Des Moines, IA area is required
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer