District Supervisor - Des Moines, IA AreaJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R4220
Are you a strong leader in retail with a track record of building a high performance team? Kum & Go is looking for a District Supervisor for in the Des Moines area market that create a positive and engaging culture in our stores. The District Supervisor is responsible for leading the operations of a district of 14 stores to make days better for our customer and associates.
What you’ll do
- Recruit, hire, train and develop 14 General Managers and ensure appropriate staffing levels for each store.
- Coach and develop a successful team of leaders and associates that make days better for our customers.
- Collaborate with operations leadership to drive process improvements and innovation in our organization to diagnose and solve issues.
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure execution of company initiatives and programs driven by our Kum & Go Vision.
- Maximize store sales by coaching General Managers and store teams and with the execution of marketing programs, planograms, Marketing Action Plan (MAP) materials, and suggest selling contests.
- Manage the P & L and educate the General Managers to drive profitability with understanding of sales, margins, inventory control, salary control, cash control, department General and Administrative (G&A) and capital expenditure.
- Manage controllable cost by educating staff of correct processes and expectations for achieving inventory shrink, cash shrink, labor cost, margin and other operating expense budgets.
What we’re looking for
- Track record of leading a strong operations team.
- Ability to create a positive, engaging culture.
- P & L leadership experience.
- Excellent business and financial acumen.
- Multi-unit management experience preferred.
- Retail experience required.
Other key requirements
- Travel required, must have valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience required.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer