Director of Fuels Supply & TradingJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 116525
Kum & Go is looking for a Director of Fuel Supply & Trading to lead the development of strategy for, and ensure the execution of, procurement, distribution and trading of refined fuel products for Kum & Go. The role will mentor and develop the fuel procurement team, while encouraging a collaborative and forward thinking environment. This impactful role in our organization will execute and enhance the strategic plan for the organization’s fuel procurement – including commercial initiatives, management of vendor and supplier partnerships, and trading strategies. Top candidates will be energized by the challenge of creating strategy, identifying solutions to complex challenges and initiatives, and implementing new technology to facilitate our success.
What You'll Do
- Evaluate, negotiate and manage the procurement, risk management, and transportation of gasoline, diesel and biofuel components.
- Responsible for leading and developing a strong team that assists with successful execution of company objectives.
- Enhances company financial performance through the execution of arbitrage, hedging and derivative strategies to reduce risk and increase margin.
- Develops and fosters relationships with fuel suppliers, pipeline operators, and trucking companies.
- Identifies and implements new technologies to improve the cost, reliability, or quality of the company’s fuel supply chain.
- Coordinate internal projects with partners in other areas of the organization (e.g., Business Insights & Analytics, Facilities Management, IT, Solar Transport).
- Develop reports and presents fuel supply updates to peers, superiors, and Senior Leadership.
- Up to 10% travel may be required at times.
What We're Looking For
- Experience in negotiating purchase/sale of petroleum products, biofuels and hedge transactions.
Other Key Requirements
- Knowledge or experience in the scheduling of petroleum products.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Formal leadership experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments to ensure completion of tasks within stated time requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it
Kum & Go in an Equal Opportunity Employer