Director of Brand Strategy - Krause GroupJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 119892
Krause Group is currently searching for an experienced Director of Brand Strategy that will help develop our family of brands and create brand strategies and roadmaps for their evolution. This role will support Krause Group and will coordinate with Kum & Go’s Marketing and Communication team to ensure collaboration and alignment as needed. As the Director of Brand Strategy for Krause Group, you’ll work across all levels and departments of our organizations to find what makes our businesses unique and help communicate it to the world. This role is responsible for improving each of our company’s reputations and driving business growth.
What you’ll do
- Provide innovative leadership to create the branding strategy for Krause Group businesses.
- Collaborate with each CEO of the business, senior management, and colleagues to plan, execute and evaluate brand strategy that supports each organization’s priorities and goals – and aligns across Krause Group.
- Align each company with its brand identity and direction; communicate the purpose, vision and mission of our businesses.
- Lead creative development and execution of communications’ plans along with developing long-term brand strategy roadmaps and corresponding tactics for the business designed to accelerate achievement of strategic plans.
- Analyze brand positioning and create consumer insights by monitoring market trends, researching consumer markets and competitors activities and provide suggestions for market leadership.
- Work with business leaders to identify KPI’s and created effective content across audiences and platforms for various internal and external communications, PR, and marketing needs.
- Lead all branding and subsequent messaging strategy and touch points, including the company website, email marketing, digital and consumer – facing technology where applicable.
- Work with agency partners to develop continual enhancements to marketing platforms to enable more effective interactions with consumers.
- Lead efforts to develop strategy budgets for brand development, enhancement and new product development.
- Promote Krause Group businesses within the company and community.
What we’re looking for
- 10 + years’ experience in a marketing or communications leadership capacity, conducting brand strategy and development, communications, online marketing, digital design, website management, paid marketing in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience in launching and driving brand campaigns that have built momentum for a brand’s awareness and consumer acquisition.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Proven and successful experience building brands.
- Quantitative analysis and consumer research experience is preferred.
- Experience in developing, managing, or supporting websites is preferred.
Other key requirements
- Ability to adapt, multi-task and manage several projects at once.
- Ability to influence across each organization, at all levels, especially with CEOs of our businesses.
- Highly developed communication, strategic, and creative skills.
- Ability to execute on plans and drive performance with outside creative agencies.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Krause Group
Krause Group is a Midwest U.S. based parent company comprising a diverse set of domestic and international businesses with over 5,000 associates. These companies include Kum & Go, L.C., a convenience retail chain with more than 400 stores in 11 states—Solar Transport, the Des Moines Menace F.C., and a significant commercial real estate portfolio. Internationally, Krause Group is parent to the historic Enrico Serafino and Vietti wineries based in Piedmont, Italy.
Krause Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer