Corporate Relationship Manager - Solar TransportJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R9332
Solar Transport is looking for a Corporate Relationship Manager to oversee and manage day-to-day customer service-related activities and functions for Key Account Customers. This individual will use sound disciplines to bring solutions to customers while generating maximum revenue, operating in an efficient manner and meeting the safety and performance standards set forth by the company, customers, and regulating authorities. This role is also responsible for ensuring all customer needs are met with respect to on-time performance, error-free service, and timely and accurate reporting. The Corporate Relationship Manager works in coordination with Dispatch to understand the weekly open capacity and secures freight to maximize open capacity (both internal and external).
What you’ll do
- Manage the day-to-day customer service activities for Key Accounts assigned, including reporting/data management, leading sales efforts, building relationships with existing customer bases, and honoring all customer freight booking commitments
- Maintain accountability for the accuracy and integrity of order entry, customer information management, customer fuel inventory management, and special site communication to dispatch and delivery driver teams
- Work through sub-contractor carrier partnerships, reviewing rates and ensuring positive revenue for Solar Transport
- Provide and report on detailed information to Business Development to maximize asset/resource utilization of existing fleet, including opportunities for multi-shift and billed miles improvements
- Be responsible for metrics and measurements such as, on-time customer service performance, revenue productivity by equipment, customer satisfaction, and company-wide safety and integrity metrics
What we’re looking for
- Excellent computer skills including 10-key, MS Office Suite, Dispatch system-related tools (TMW), and analysis tools
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to think quickly and take action
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with proven experience negotiating for positive results
- Ability to work within a team
Other key requirements
- 2-4 years of experience in the transportation industry; experience in bulk fuel transportation (preferred)
- 1+ year of customer service/transportation sales experience (preferred)
- Relocation to the Des Moines, IA area is required
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Solar Transport
Solar Transport is a family focused company. With more than 40 locations, our drivers make it home every night. We genuinely value our team and go above and beyond to reward their hard work. Solar Transport is among the nation's best when it comes to tank-truck carriers and logistics providers. For over 50 years, Solar has strived to set the standard in how refined petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel, ethanol and jet fuel are managed, transported and delivered helping our customers become more productive and profitable.
Krause Group is a Midwest U.S. based parent company comprising a diverse set of domestic and international businesses with over 5,000 associates. These companies include Kum & Go, L.C., a convenience retail chain with more than 400 stores in 11 states, Solar Transport, Krause+ real estate, and the Des Moines Menace soccer team. Krause Group is also parent company to historic Italian wineries Vietti and Enrico Serafino, the Parma Calcio 1913 soccer team, and boutique luxury hotel Casa di Langa located in Italy.
Solar Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer