Cloud Systems Engineer IIIJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 115270
Kum & Go is looking for a talented Cloud Systems Engineer III to join our Systems Engineering team. This associate will assist in maintaining existing Linux and Windows systems and surrounding cloud-based resources. They will help build new tools and processes to automate and reduce time spent on manual tasks. Finally, they will serve as a systems and cloud subject matter expert when assisting solutions development teams in designs that involve system or cloud architecture. A successful candidate will be disciplined, have strong attention to detail, and will have a strong drive to learn new technologies and solutions. Competitive candidates will have experience in at least one of these core areas: Containerized systems (Docker), CI/CD, Automation in the cloud, Azure, Linux system administration.
What you’ll do
- Maintain and support existing web servers and cloud infrastructure.
- Assist in the design and implementation of secure, scalable Linux or Windows system architecture.
- Assist in the design and implementation of containerized system architectures.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Azure and system architecture.
- Assist solutions delivery team in the design of new solutions.
- Develop tools that will improve ability to work with existing legacy systems.
- Mentor team members.
- Provide escalation support for the System Engineering team.
- Ability to learn and become productive with new technologies.
- Lead organization projects.
- Help with after hours support as needed.
- A focus on security, recoverability, and scalability in all designs and solutions.
What we’re looking for
- BS or MS degree in engineering, computer science or related field preferred with 3+ years of direct experience or Associates Degree/Tech Schooling with 8+ years’ experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to follow through to completion.
- Experience with Virtualization, Storage, and Networking.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Able to work on site as a salaried full-time associate.
Other key requirements
- Designing and maintaining secure Linux web servers.
- Designing secure Docker containers according to best practices.
- Container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes, ECS, etc.
- Cloud based IaaS (Azure strongly encouraged).
- Automated configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation.
- Distributed revision control tools (Git).
- Continuous integration and continuous development tools (MS TFS/DevOps, Jenkins).
- Monitoring tools for traditional and dynamic environments (Nagios, Cloudwatch, Prometheus).
- Java, IIS, Tomcat, or Apache Web Server.
- Strong competency in at least one major scripting language.
- Windows server.
- Building or managing a microservice architecture a plus.
- A passion for learning and keeping up to date with the latest tools and technologies.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work on site at our downtown Des Moines corporate facility.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer