Chief Operating OfficerJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 115526
At Kum & Go our purpose is to Make Days Better for our customers and our associates. Our Chief Operating Officer is the chief strategist for activating this purpose in our stores and providing leadership to drive a strong customer service experience & store culture. We are looking for a strong operations leader that likes to drive innovation and inspire change by connecting with our store associates and customers.
What you’ll do
- Develop short and long term strategic operations initiatives to achieve the company’s purpose to “Make Days Better” for our customers and associates. Drive initiatives that enable our stores and store leadership to serve our customers successfully and create a positive culture.
- Provide inspirational and relatable leadership to our stores and key leaders in Operations with the following direct reports: 3 Division Vice Presidents, Vice President Operations, Vice President Facilities, and Vice President of Fuels.
- Serve the company as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team with a keen understanding of our business and how to enable its growth.
- Ensure major company initiatives are successfully implemented in the stores such as our new store organizational structure, digital transformation, and new food program.
- Assist our store leadership in understanding their P/L and how to maximize the profitability of their stores.
What we’re looking for
- Strong track record of leading operations in retail stores, restaurants, or hospitality.
- Strong customer experience mindset.
- Superior people leadership skills with proven ability to inspire, innovate, and drive positive change with a relatable personality.
- Outstanding business and financial acumen and the ability to teach P/L ownership.
- Ability to drive operational excellence in our stores.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer