Business Insights & Analytics Spring & Summer Internship (Undergraduate Degree)Job Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R20904
The BIA Spring & Summer Intern is part of two semester long professional internship program. The internship will consist of a focused project in the subject area of the internship, working closely with a leader who will mentor you. High preforming interns may be offered additional internships or full-time positions post-graduation. You will be paid a competitive hourly rate for the internship. In addition, many interns may receive academic credit for their work through their college or university.
What you’ll do
- Support day-to-day IT Security needs and complete ad hoc projects
What we’re looking for
- College Junior or Senior within one to two years of graduation
- An interest in pursuing a career with Kum & Go post-graduation
- Must be able to complete at least 140 hours during the spring 2022 semester
- Must be able to complete at least 240 hours during the summer 2022 semester
- Must have completed high school in Iowa or currently attend an Iowa community college, private college, or Board of Regents institution
Other key requirements
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business Insights & Analytics, Computer Science, or other related STEM major (master’s or doctorate students not eligible)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer