Billing Specialist - Solar TransportJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R37881
Solar Transport is looking for a Billing Specialist to join the team! This role will use research and analytical skills, as well as attention to detail, to logically interpret paperwork to ensure correct customer billing. In this role you will have a hand in ensuring our Solar Transport drivers are paid correctly for each load they transport. The Billing Specialist will communicate with different departments to resolve any discrepancies that may arise and has a strong eye for detail, as they will be responsible for tracking their assigned drivers’ paperwork and providing accurate and timely data and billing.
What you’ll do
- Complete data entry for driver paperwork information into the invoicing system and paperwork images into the EBE imaging system
- Track outstanding driver paperwork and contact drivers as needed
- Report dispatch errors and follow-up for corrections
What we’re looking for
- 10-key experience and proficient in Excel
- Reliable with a high level of accuracy
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Ability to multi-task in a high-volume, fast paced environment, prioritizing accordingly
Other key requirements
- Relocation to Des Moines, IA required
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Solar Transport
Solar Transport is a family-focused company. With more than 40 locations, our drivers make it home every night. We genuinely value our team and go above and beyond to reward their hard work. Solar Transport is among the nation's best when it comes to tank-truck carriers and logistics providers. For over 50 years, Solar has strived to set the standard in how refined petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel, ethanol and jet fuel are managed, transported and delivered helping our customers become more productive and profitable. A Krause Group company.
Krause Group is an Iowa-based company housing a diverse set of businesses with over 5,000 associates across the U.S. and Italy. These companies include Kum & Go, L.C., Solar Transport, Krause+, Pro Iowa, and the Des Moines Menace soccer team. Krause Group is also home to Italian wineries Vietti and Enrico Serafino, the historic soccer club Parma Calcio 1913, and boutique luxury hotel Casa di Langa, located in the Piedmont region of Italy.
Solar Transport believes in People First. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer building a culture of equity and inclusion.