Area Property Manager - Krause GroupJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 121953
The Area Property Manager is a key role accountable for overseeing a portfolio of commercial and multifamily real estate holdings. The Area Property Manager is a leadership role responsible for a team of internal and external associates who are accountable to plan, implement and monitor operations, profitability, quality of service, care and maintenance of assets, leasing, marketing and tenant relationships. If you have a passion for ensuring the highest level of customer service in the real estate business then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What You'll Do
- Ensure the community is maintained in pristine conditions at all times by ensuring property and maintenance are in top shape.
- Provide leadership and exemplify the highest level of customer service.
- Recruit, select, train, motivate, coach, and counsel on-site personnel.
- Create market-leading, positive customer service outlook by ensuring all tenants and residents are notified of building issues and other urgent and important issues in a timely manner.
- Oversee planning and implementation of leasing campaign.
- Maintain favorable image and relationship with area properties, neighbors and city personnel.
- Lead the formulation of the properties operating budget.
- Create and implement strategic marketing plan for vacant spaces.
- Perform risk management by identifying and correcting potential liability issues with both the physical facility and tenants.
What We're Looking For
- Excellent customer service.
- Established leader.
- Capable of creating from scratch and refining new processes. Doesn’t need systems and processes set up already and willing to be hands on. Willing to work in spreadsheets and have limited people resources.
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Is adaptable and learns quickly.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing; highly organized.
- Driven, self-starter with detail oriented personality and strong work ethic.
Other Key Requirements
- 5–10 years of experience in property management or hospitality related roles.
- 3 years of progressive leadership roles within property management.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go in an Equal Opportunity Employer