Accounts Payable SpecialistJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID 118918
Are you someone with strong analytical skills seeking an opportunity to provide support to and partner with all levels of an organization? Do you enjoy a role that requires a high attention to detail all while showcasing your knowledge of accounting, finance, and retail? Kum & Go is searching for an Accounts Payable Specialist that will provide support and administration of company-wide fuel and accounting programs. These efforts, in turn, support and impact the organization’s overall Accounting initiatives and philosophy.
This position is responsible for verifying and processing thousands of payment transactions and performing process improvements. It will require performing these transactions electronically within a paperless environment by using proven best practices. This individual will be required to work as a team to achieve all daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines. If you enjoy the opportunity to partner and communicate with all levels of an organization, while providing high-detail, analytical support in accounting initiatives, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
What you’ll do
- Verify and process thousands of payment transactions electronically within the system or process assigned to them by using best practices.
- Work on process improvements to achieve best practices, as well as work on other miscellaneous duties assigned.
- Complete month-end duties, including postings, accruals and reviews for certain General Ledger accounts for the purpose of accurate placement on the company financial statements.
- Troubleshoot system, vendor and store questions and issues.
What we’re looking for
- 10-key ability.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Technical aptitude/comfortable using multiple software packages.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate timely and effectively with internal and external parties.
Other key requirements
- 1 to 2 years of related experience preferred.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer