Regional Fleet Assistant - Solar TransportJob Location Denver, Colorado Req ID 116732
Solar Transport is searching for a Regional Fleet Assistant. The Regional Fleet Assistant (“RFA”) provides a number of fleet support roles under the direction of the Regional Operations Manager (“ROM”). The RFA may work with designated drivers, an assigned geographical driver base, and/or specific task assignments, as needed, in the assigned fleet. Generally, the RFA will have responsibilities in driver training, auditing, and equipment maintenance. If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in excelling in, Solar Transport may be just the fit for the next step in your career!
What you’ll do
- Assist in training new drivers and/or monitor training of new drivers being trained by other existing drivers (trainers), ensuring that drivers can adequately perform all aspects of assigned duties prior to sign-off.
- Assist in getting new drivers carded at terminals.
- Provide training for all drivers that perform training duties in assigned geography, ensuring that all training is performed consistently and follows Solar Transport standards and protocol.
- Responsible to conduct “Smith System” training and recertification for all assigned drivers.
- Perform annual / bi-annual audits on all drivers in assigned fleet through observation and “ride-alongs.”
- Evaluate and score drivers on loading, driving, unloading and other key performance metrics.
- Provide recommendations to management on concerns and needs for remedial training.
- Conduct remedial training where needed following audits, after incidents / service failures, and/or where chronic performance problems exist.
- Will provide assistance to ROM in assigned geography. Duties may include: Providing leadership/management coverage in the absence of the ROM. Helping to move equipment for maintenance or repositioning. Answering driver/dispatch questions related to customer delivery points, terminals, etc. Monitoring fleet “yards” and equipment condition.
- Assist in monitoring drivers’ qualification status, including licensing, physicals, hazmat finger printing and background checks, etc.
- Delivery site analysis, tank marking, or safety and equipment concerns at customer locations.
What we’re looking for
- Good interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Highly developed listening and coaching skills.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflicts in business setting.
- Exemplary previous safety and performance record.
- Knowledgeable with DOT regulations, accident and spill procedures.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Patient and excellent communication skills.
Other key requirements
- High school diploma (advanced training/education preferred).
- 5+ years experience in the transportation industry
- Class A CDL, tanker and hazmat endorsement (fully qualified status with Solar Transport).
- 3+ years recent experience in bulk fuel transportation.
- Previous experience in training other drivers and in documenting performance.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
Solar Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer