Region Manager - Solar TransportJob Location Denver, Colorado Req ID 124620
Are you a professional in the transportation industry looking for a new challenge? Solar Transport is currently hiring a Region Manager for Colorado and Wyoming based out of Denver who will provide operational and business leadership for the West Division. This role will be responsible and accountable for safety, driver performance, revenue maximization, cost control and efficiency. The Region Manager provides direction and supervision to driver dispatchers, trainers, and fleet assistants. Solar Transport is seeking an influential team member who can serve as the voice that engages associates and provides constant development to create a world-class transport company with strong performance.
What you’ll do
- Manage revenue maximization and cost control including identifying performance gaps, analyzing root cause, and implementing systematic and individual adjustments.
- Work with the Vice President to establish short and long-term plans for growth and operational efficiency.
- Responsible for developing Annual Operating Plan (AOP) to achieve revenue and profit goals.
- Work with the Driver Recruiter Manager to aid with driver recruitment and performance management.
- Ensure that all safety policies and procedures are implemented and monitored.
- Provide excellent customer service by regularly communicating with customers to ensure their satisfaction with Solar service.
- Work closely with business development to ensure accurate forecast of costs to support best pricing for new account growth.
- Responsible for P & L.
What we’re looking for
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflicts.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Knowledgeable with DOT regulations, accident, and spill procedures.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
Other key requirements
- High school diploma with advanced training and education preferred.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in the transportation industry.
- Experience in bulk fuel transportation.
- Previous experience in truck line management.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer