Director of CommunicationsJob Location Des Moines, Iowa Req ID R18503
Are you a passionate and inspired communications leader with a drive to support a transformational brand journey?
We’re looking for a Director of Communications to lead an engaging communication strategy that brings the Kum & Go brand to life. Leading a communications team creating internal communications, social media, and events, this role will harness the power of future-forward media channels to engage customers differentiating the brand.
This communications strategist will capture the voice of Kum & Go leadership, adeptly communicating on a wide array of concepts in a clear and compelling way. The role will serve as a strategic and creative thinker, able to lead integrated communication plans keeping a pulse of cultural trends.
What you’ll do
- Develop dynamic brand public relations, marketing, and media relations strategies that drive company goals
- Creates positive marketing from media on marketing events, sponsorships, and promotions
- Develop strategic internal communication plans and marketing strategies that create succinct message tracks and align with overall company vision and business priorities
- Create event and promotional plans that support major brand initiatives and new market launches
- Creates innovative leadership communications, including presentations, talking points, and speeches
- Champions and enables store support center communications efforts while actively promoting Kum & Go mission, core values, and branding messaging across the organization
What we’re looking for
- Ability to create an innovative communication vision and strategy
- Social media expertise driving increased engagement
- Strong internal and external communications experience
- Ability to lead and develop a strong team
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and perform new tasks outside immediate experience
- Tenacity and energy to lead change, with enthusiasm for white-space situations
Other key requirements
- 6-8 years’ experience in a Communications leadership role
- Relocation to the Des Moines, IA area is required
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
We are an inclusive environment and encourage all interested candidates to apply. Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer.